Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fancy Stuffed Mushrooms

I am always looking for new appetizers and one day I had a bit of a cocktail emergency.  I looked in the fridge and had mushrooms and cream cheese and some leftover Italian sausage in the freezer.  I wanted an appetizer that was very low in carbs and an idea was born.  I'm not a big fan of mushrooms but these I love, as does Phil.  Hopefully, you will as well.

Fancy Stuffed Mushrooms

½ Pound Ground Italian Turkey Sausage, browned and crumbled (If you can only find them in links, remove the casing)
8 oz Cream Cheese
½ c Shredded Parmesan Cheese
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
30-40 Medium Mushrooms, brushed and stemmed


Brown and crumble Italian Turkey Sausage and let cool.  You only need half so you can freeze the other half for another time.  Mixed cooled sausage, cream cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, pepper and garlic until well mixed.  Generously fill the mushroom cap with the sausage mixture and dip in into the remaining parmesan cheese or sprinkle it on top.  Bake at 400° until golden brown, about 30 minutes.  

No comments: